I felt like a total tool today when I realized why I was not seeing the Buy button for Darkfall Online. I spent way to much of my time reloading the screen to see it in what seemed like the middle of a denial of service attack on Adventurine only to realize I was never going to see it anyway. I had not yet entered my credit card information! That’s a real difference between this game and others I’ve tried to pickup, you have to put in your CC info before you can even attempt to buy the game – not at the end of the transaction!
Then I came to the realization, I’m probably not the only one doing this. A big part of the wave of traffic hitting the DF order page probably isn’t aware of how to order, so I thought I’d throw together a quick “How to Buy Darkfall Online” tutorial.
1. First you need to setup an account. No, not the forum account you’ve had already, a subscription account. Don’t worry they won’t bill you yet – click here to go to the subsciption page.
2. Fill out your info entirely and make sure to activate your account when Adventurine sends you an email to do so.
3. When activated, login to your account and update your credit card information with the card you plan to use to purchase DF.
4. When the store comes back online, click BUY.
- As of tomorrow (Tuesday, March 10th) the store will be opening 3 hours earlier than normal at approx noon EST.
- The amount of copies being sold is also doubling tomorrow, so your chances are improving
- If you get the Buy button and click it – DO NOT REFRESH. Just wait, this process can take some time – up to 5 minutes or more.
- If you get ANY browser errors along the way, REFRESH the screen – when you are asked to resubmit data hit yes. You are more likely to get timeouts than errors, but refresh anyway. Again this is like being in the middle of a DOS attack – be patient.
- Do not continually refresh the page until you see the Buy button with the F5 key – instead, click on the products link at the top of the page to reload occasionally.
Users That Liked This Page Also Liked: